10 signs your god is abusive
"God Abuse" (cartoon by nakedpastor David Hayward)
(Please excuse the male pronoun I used for simplicity. Actually, though, it fits with the theme.)
Here are 10 signs that your god is abusive:
- Do you fear him?
- Are you always the one who apologizes?
- Are you afraid of making him angry?
- Do you have to beg for favors?
- Do you feel guilty for getting angry with him?
- Do you despair of ever getting on his good side?
- Do you overcompensate by being¬†super-good all the time?
- Do you feel like you deserve the pain he inflicts on you?
- Do you never express your negative feelings so you don't disappoint him?
- Are you unhappy with him but are petrified of life without him?
I have a few more questions for you:
- Who told you that he really isn't abusive?
- Who told you that you just don't understand him?
- Who told you that you provoke him?
- Who told you to be patient?
- Who told you that you're just hyper-sensitive?
- Who told you it hurts him more than it hurts you?
I have some possible answers to choose from. Was it:
It's okay to ask these questions.
- His best friends?
- His family?
- His employees?
- His hired experts?
- His favorites?
- His business?
- His self-published autobiography?
It's okay. Relax. Take a deep breath, and ask yourself these questions. Invite
Order¬†The Liberation of Sophia... my illustrated book about a soul's journey away from abuse.