Committed to Love
This last weekend I was at a conference. One day one of the speakers spoke on love. I was moved to desire to love more deeply. Here's some of the commitments I made:
- I relinquish all control of others, and commit to the liberation all people.
- I choose to be kind, even to the meanest.
- I celebrate the success of others, even my enemies.
- I refuse to protect, secure or improve my reputation.
- I renounce pride, and consider others as better than I.
- I decline making demands, even when it would be expected and accepted.
- I forsake irritation, even with the most irritating.
- I quit resentment, and keep no record of any wrongs done against me.
- I work for and celebrate justice for others.
- I propagate the truth of unconditional love, confident that it will win the day.
- I will not give up on, lose faith in, or cease hoping for anyone.
- I choose a love that endures through all circumstances.