War and Peace
The last two weeks away from home have been amazing. I was dreading it at first because:
- I had just left the professional ministry and was feeling completely spent;
- I don't like being away from my wife and family for that long;
- I knew that Haiti isn't always the safest place in the world;
- I was nervous about how the other team members would receive me;
- I had just had hernia repair surgery 4 weeks prior and wasn't operating at 100%;
- I was anticipating an emotional roller-coaster ride (I'm not crazy about roller-coasters although I always want to ride them).